You are monsters! That is the role you seem determined to play, so it seems that I must play mine.
The man that stops the monsters.
i’m in bed and was wondering where my cat is so i was all “oh I’ll just text him” and opened the messages app before i realized what i was doing
Martha Jones is a black female doctor who Shakespare wrote sonnets about she saved the world using a spell from Harry Potter and then she traveled the world and saved it from the master and she didn’t need something magical about her to save the world
So please explain to me why you hate martha
More Y/K miniseries liveblogging:
- Carlotta is brilliant in this film.
- Erik putting vermin in her wig before “Norma” is so freaking great.
- And then when he meets Christine for their lessons and she innocently asks, “Did you see what happened to Carlotta?” And he feigns surprise and goes, “No, what?” And she says, “Her debut was a disaster.”
- And Erik holds open the door for her and goes, “Oh, that’s too bad.”
- As if I needed another reason why Erik is my favorite character ever.
- Also the conversations between Erik and Christine in this version are so great. This is, to my knowledge, the only version to date in which they actually get to spend time together just talking, like when Christine’s telling him about her father and he’s just sitting there looking at her fondly.
- And then when he worries he’s upset her by insulting Philippe, he says, “I’m sorry. Have I hurt you? That is something I would never want to do.”
- THESE TWO, YOU GUYS.
tbh the fact that asexuals get ‘awareness’ and not ‘pride’ should immediately alert you to the severe degree of marginalization we face even and especially within the queer community